Women Leaders in Technology (WLiT) is a technical, professional and leadership development organization for young women in Nepal with a vision to empower women to become innovators and leaders. Our aim is to encourage female involvement in technical fields and help young women to attain key leadership positions. We do so by providing career oriented, technical, professional, and leadership development training.
WLiT offers a nine month-long fellowship for passionate female tech students in the university. It is designed to assemble a unique cohort of high-potential and skilled leaders. The fellowship starts with a two-week boot camp and follows into a nine month-long fellowship program.
No of hours: 7 hours a day for 13 days and 7-10 hours a month for the next 9 months (excluding apprenticeship program and Hour Of Code programs).
WLiT hosts meetups on last Saturdays of the English month for all fellows to follow up on their progress or attend workshops on short technical courses and/or leadership lessons. Previous monthly meetups have hosted everything from Design workshops to communication and branding workshops.
All participants get paired with a program alumni to help them get the best of the fellowship experience. The mentors are alumnis now currently in the workforce in tech.
HOUR OF CODE
Each participant will be required to lead an Hour of Code session for students in a government/community school/college as a voluntary service. The participants will be expected to take complete ownership of the project while initial and financial support will be provided by WLiT.
All participants will be placed in a company in their city to intern/work on a project with the language they learnt during bootcamp. The Apprenticeship Program is a concrete way to kickstart the participant’s career in tech with complete guidance and support.
- Practise networking, public speaking, and other professional skills through various events and opportunities.
- Meet 14 other young women in technology with similar passion towards technology and leadership (and thus, make amazing friends!)
- Grow to become an alumni of WLiT after the fellowship and even an executive member!
- University students identifying as female studying IT related courses (Engineering, B.Sc.CSIT, BIM, etc) in Nepal.
- Passionate about growing to take leadership positions in tech workforce.
- Committed to attending most if not all programs and opportunities presented by WLiT during the fellowship term.
- Able to attend the two-week boot camp.
- Able to commit 1-3 months of apprenticeship program in companies as placed by WLiT
- Submit an application online (http://bit.ly/WLiTFellowship2019).
- 30 applicants will be invited for an interview during the fourth week of September.
NRs. 3500/- with scholarships available in some cases.