Apply for the Windows Insider Women in Computing Award!
You could join us at the Grace Hopper Celebration for a week of networking, professional development, and inspiring discussion.
To enter, you must be an active Windows Insider 18 years of age or older, enrolled in a degree-granting educational institution, and majoring in computer science or a related field.
- The award is open to all women currently in the process of completing a university computer science or related degree program. Entrants must be currently enrolled in an accredited degree-granting institution in order to qualify for the award (first year college students through post-doc students are eligible).
- Students who have accepted employment offers (2019-2020) at Microsoft are ineligible.
- International students arriving from outside of the U.S. will be responsible for securing their own travel visas.
Employees and directors of Microsoft Corporation and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising agencies, and Contest Parties are not eligible, nor are persons involved in the execution or administration of this promotion, or the family members of each above (parents, children, siblings, spouse/domestic partners, or individuals residing in the same household). Void in Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria, Region of Crimea, and where prohibited.
The following prizes will be awarded:
Fourteen (14) Grand Prizes. Each winner will receive:
A trip for winner to Orlando, FL to attend Grace Hopper Celebration from September 30 – October 6, 2019. Approximate Retail Value (ARV) USD 3,000.00. Trip includes:
- Round trip coach airfare from major airport closest to winner’s home.
- Six (6) nights standard hotel accommodations.
- Transportation to/from airport/hotel.
- A USD 400.00 travel allowance for winner only.
- Admission for One (1) to attend Grace Hopper Celebration on October 1-4, 2019.
- Invitation to the post-conference Professional Development Day hosted by Microsoft and the Windows Insider Program team on October 5, 2019 that will include panel discussions on internship and early career topics plus mentorship opportunities.
- If the event is cancelled for any reason, Sponsor shall have no further obligation to the winner other than to provide the travel portion of the prize minus the opportunity to attend event.