4-H Nepal is a non-profit organization looking to recruit Program Coordinator based in Kathmandu with frequent travel to the field across Nepal. The candidate is accountable in fulfilling his/her roles and responsibilities in line with 4-H Nepal’s code of conduct, values and principles.
Position: Program Coordinator
Required No.: 1
The purpose of the position:
Under the supervision and guidance of the National Committee, the Program Coordinator supports the respective section (s) by carrying out a range of program support functions to develop, implement and monitor the program, ensuring effective and timely delivery that is consistent with rules and regulations. The Program Coordinator works in close collaboration with a range of board, external partners and agency counterparts in support of program implementation, design and delivery.
The successful candidate must have or be:
· Facilitating the development of program cooperation agreements (PCAs) by providing information and drafting selected sections of it.
· Create complete business plans for the attainment of goals and objectives set by the board of directors
· Ensuring the timely and accurate recording and administrative processing of government & NGOs proposals and requests for direct cash transfers (DCTs).
· Conduct regular spot checks of partners projects to assess their financial record-keeping, expenditure controls and reporting systems.
· Carrying out transactions in VISION ensuring program results, activities and program coding is as per Annual Work Plans (AWPs), and making amendments and alterations as per section revisions when necessary.
· Preparing monitoring and reporting information for supervisor and team on agreed performance indicators to drive more efficient management and accountability for results.
· Prepare periodic or financial reports relating to office and donors to support the office in optimizing the use of program funds.
· Devise remedial actions for any identified issues and conduct crisis management when necessary
· Masters’ degree or it’s international equivalent in Agriculture, public health, management, social science or other relevant fields
· Minimum of 3 years’ managerial position preferably in NGOs.
· Excellent communication & presentation skills.
· Strong program management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting.
· Exceptional communication and relationship management skills with a range of stakeholders
· Track record in innovation, information and communication technology (ICT) and quality service delivery
· Excellent problem solving, program management and implementation skills
· Maturity and ability to maintain composure under stressful situations and tight deadlines
· Fluency in English and Nepali both are required.
· Ability to travel to the field 30-40 percent of the time
Applications and Deadlines:
Applicants should email a cover letter and updated CV to [email protected]/[email protected] before 21 December 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the interview and a short presentation. Any effort to influence the selection process will result in disqualification.