Applications for UN Global Compact Internship are now being accepted. The UN Global Compact is offering internship opportunities in its New York office. The UN Global Compact pursues two complementary objectives:
- Making the UN Global Compact and its principles part of business strategy and operations everywhere; and
- Facilitating cooperation among key stakeholders by promoting partnerships and other collective action in support of UN goals.
The Global Compact Internship Job Openings are:
- internship with the Communications and Events team
- internship with the Outreach and Participant Relations team
- internship with the Programmes team
- internship with the Chief of Staff team
- internship with the Global Operations team
- internship with the Intergovernmental Relations & Africa team
The objective of the internship is to give the candidates a first-hand impression of the day-to-day working environment of the United Nations. As part of the team, working directly with outstanding and inspiring career professionals and senior management, they will be exposed to high-profile conferences, participate in meetings, and contribute to analytical work as well as organizational policy of the United Nations. Initially, the interns will take on the amount of responsibility they can shoulder; the potential for growth, however, is theirs to develop.
Duties of the Interns:
Depending on their level of experience and training, UN Global Compact interns will:
- Conduct research relating to the topic of corporate sustainability, especially on human rights, labour, the environment and anti-corruption;
- Draft and edit publications, papers and other documents;
- Liaise with Global Compact stakeholders on key corporate sustainability topics;
- Support the organization of meetings and events;
- Assist with outreach activities;
- Handle email and other inquiries;
- Perform administrative tasks as assigned
Internships with the UN Global Compact are voluntary and are available for a duration of three to six months. The timing of internships is flexible.
- The candidates will be given a real chance to work with the people from UN.
- The interns will be exposed to high-profile conferences, participate in meetings, and contribute to analytical work as well as organizational policy of the United Nations.
- One may get academic credit from his/her institution of higher education for the internship. It is recommended to check with the university to confirm their academic credit policy for internships.
- Applicants must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree programme (bachelors or second university degree, or higher) at the time of application and during the internship; or
- Under some circumstances, applicants may have graduated within less than one year to commence a UN internship.
- Should have excellent command on English and French
Eligible Regions: Open for all