Applications for Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals are now being accepted! An estimated 300 scholarships will be available for full-time master’s degree studies in Sweden starting in the autumn semester 2020.
- To begin with, apply for a master’s programme at universityadmissions.se, between 16 October 2019 – 15 January 2020.
- Apply for an SI scholarship between 10-20 February 2020
The scholarship is intended for full-time one-year or two-year master’s programmes, and is only awarded for programmes starting in the autumn semester. The tuition fee will be paid directly to the Swedish universities in the beginning of each semester. The stipend for living expenses is paid monthly during the scholarship period.
The scholarship period cannot be changed or extended beyond the awarded scholarship period, nor can the scholarship be transferred to a study programme other than the awarded master’s programme.
The Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP) programme is part of the Swedish government’s international awards scheme aimed at developing global leaders who will contribute to the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. It is funded by the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Sweden and administered by the Swedish Institute (SI). The programme offers a unique opportunity for global professionals to develop professionally and academically, to experience Swedish society and culture, and to build a long-lasting relationship with Sweden and with each other.
Purpose of the scholarship
The goal is to enable the scholarship holders to play an active role in the positive development of the societies in which they live. Ideal candidates are ambitious young professionals with academic qualifications, demonstrated work and leadership experience, ambition to make a difference by working with issues which contribute to a just and sustainable development in their country in a long term perspective, and a clear idea of how a study programme in Sweden would benefit their country.
The following benefits will be provided to the selected candidates.
- Tuition fees: pay directly to the Swedish university by SI
- Living expenses of SEK 10,000/month
- Travel grant of SEK 15,000
- Insurance against illness and accident
- Membership of the SI Network for Future Global Leaders (NFGL) – a platform to help the candidate grow professionally and build his/her network while in Sweden
- Membership of the SI Alumni Network after scholarship period – a platform for continued networking and further professional development
Applicants are required to meet the following eligibility requirements.
- Work experience – must have minimum of 3,000 hours of demonstrated employment
- Leadership experience – have demonstrated leadership experience from their current or previous employment.
- Master’s programmes – The master’s studies must be eligible for SI scholarships.
- University admissions – Applicants are liable to pay tuition fees to Swedish universities, and have to have followed the steps of university admission, and be admitted to one of the eligible master’s programmes by 3 April 2020.
Eligible Regions: Bangladesh, Bolivia, Brazil, Cambodia, Cameroon, Colombia, Ecuador, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Guatemala, Honduras, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Morocco, Myanmar (Burma), Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Rwanda, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Vietnam, Zambia, Zimbabwe.