What is the Local Coordinator Program?
Students For Liberty is the world’s largest network of pro-liberty students. Our focus in South Asia is to help students become informed and critical thinkers about ideas pertaining to the political economy of their nation. An uninformed and passive exercise of thought leads to bad judgment, and bad judgment leads to support for bad policies.
Students For Liberty believes that in the marketplace of ideas, the good ones root out the bad ones. But the ideas of freedom – individual rights, toleration, rule of law – that have been the foundation of successful nations are poorly represented in mainstream dialogue. That is why a lot of young people do not associate with the views of any major political party. We want to affect positive change, not by protest or demonstrations, but by creating a movement that is focused on disseminating the right ideas through passionate student leaders who agree with our vision and strategy for social change.
The Local Coordinator Program is a platform for young liberal individuals to meet other like-minded people, learn more about the philosophy of liberty and assume leadership positions in the global students’ movement for liberty!
Graduate Level Students with
1. Research Skills
2. MS Office
3. Communication and Language Skills
4. Interest in Academics
5. Curiosity and open-mindedness to learn about new ideas
• Training in ideas of Liberty – free speech, right to privacy, etc.
• All-expense paid trips for retreat as well as conferences like Asia Liberty Forum
• Opportunity to be associated with an international movement, consisting of a network of over 3000 students across the world.
The Application Process
1. Fill the application form for the LC Program. Your application will be reviewed and you may be contacted by an SFL leader for an interview. We will write back to inform whether or not you’re progressing to take the Academic Training.
2. You will be invited for SFL’s Academic Training on SFLAcademy.org which you must finish in 6 weeks. We will invite the best performing candidates from those who finish the Academic Training to join us in the final stage of the LC Program.
3. The best applicants will make it to the final phase where they will be invited to attend an all-expenses-paid Local Coordinator Retreat. Attendance at the retreat is important for continuation in the Program.