Start-Up Energy Transition (SET) is a global innovation platform supporting innovation in the energy transition. Going into its fourth year, SET is implemented with the conviction that a sustainable future is directly linked to innovative business models and political will.
At the core, the SET platform is comprised of the SET Award, the SET Tech Festival, and a growing global network. In addition, each year SET publishes a #SET100 list – a list of the top 100 most innovative, savvy and promising start-ups.
Categories: Please find the complete category descriptions below.
Category 1: Renewable Energies & Materials
Category 2: Digital Energy Systems
Category 3: Energy Efficiency Solutions
Category 4: Smart Mobility
Category 5: Special Prize: Quality Access & SDG-7
Photo Source: Start Up Energy Transition
- The winner of each category will receive a maximum cash prize of 10,000 euros. If more than one applicant receives the highest number of points in a single category, the prize money will be divided evenly. The prize money for special prizes such as Quality Access & SDG7 may deviate from the aforementioned prize money.
- The winners will be announced and the prizes presented at a celebratory award ceremony.
- The decision regarding the awarding of the prizes will be the sole responsibility of the jury. There is no entitlement to publication, award ceremony, justification of the decision, or remuneration.
Applicants may only apply to one category. All subsequent applications to other categories will be disqualified. This also applies to the Special Prize: Quality Access & SDG-7.
- The start-up must not have been founded longer than ten years ago. In other words, the date of the foundation cannot exceed 2009.
- The application, including any attached documents, must be in English.
- The start-up must be able to present a functioning prototype. In addition, the company must be registered or be in the process of becoming registered and the applicant must be able to present a proof of concept or a client, and/or an industrial/corporate/institutional partner.
- The applicant must fill out the entire form. Partially completed applications will not be accepted.
Eligible Regions: Open for All