Peace Melody is a musical exchange program organized in Kurdistan Region of Iraq by Middle East Sustainable Peace Organization – MESPO bringing young professional musicians from different countries across the globe to create original music and perform in peace events advocating for peace and cultural exchange. Musicians will meet and work in Sulaimani city and have the opportunity to visit other parts of Kurdistan Region. They will be working with Kurdish and international masters of music and create a colorful blend representing the music of different nations. They will be led by a Maestro/Master Composer to compose original music and bring together pieces from their cultures and perform live on stage during Kurdistan International Peace Carnival on 21 September 2019 in front of more than 5000 attendees, which will perfectly symbolize peace and coexistence and will deliver the message of peace to the whole Middle East and the international community.
The program will take place from 1-21 September 2019 in the Kurdistan Region, Sulaimani City, Iraq.
- Be a professional musician;
- Be between 19 – 35 years old;
- Have a valid passport;
- Be able to communicate in English;
- Be familiar with the culture and arts of the home country;
- Be willing to travel to and stay in Kurdistan Region of Iraq between September 1st to 22nd 2019;
- Be able to obtain a visa to Kurdistan Region of Iraq;
- Citizen of any of the eligible countries: Iraq, Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, Israel, Palestine, Iran, Turkey, Egypt, Tunisia, Morocco, Libya, Algeria, Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa, France, Austria, Spain, Italy, Ireland, Germany, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Netherlands, UK, US, Canada, India, Russia, Poland, Czech Republic, Romania, Albania, Greece, Armenia, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Brazil, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Mongolia, Uzbekistan, Azerbaijan, Afghanistan, Nepal, Japan, China, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Pakistan, Ukraine, Australia.
Funding: financial support is provided for return flights, meals, and accommodation.