International Student Festival of HARKAT is the largest student event in Iran. The festival is organized by the Ministry of Science, Research, and Technology of Iran and hosted by different universities since 2008. The concept of the festival is to gather students from different parts of the world in a combination of a festival and an exhibition. The festival aims at encouraging student projects and activities, fostering inspiration and being a starting point for international cooperation amongst students. The festival is open for students from all over the world and is a meeting platform for young people with different scientific and cultural backgrounds. It is a place where young people get to know each other, establish new friendships and discuss various topics, from different points of view. Last year 85 students from 54 different countries and 300 students from Iran participated in the festival, which was hosted by the University of Isfahan. This festival is a place to experience unforgettable moments, meet new friends and learn about different cultures in an interesting and unique way. This international youth event will include workshops and meetings in addition to the cultural program.
In 2020, the festival will be hosted in Tabriz and jointly organized by the Ministry of Science, Research and Technology of Iran and Western Asian Development Institute.
- Increase student scientific activities and support and encourage it
- Identify and appreciate the notable achievements students, students groups and associations
- Exchange of experience in scientific activities among students
- Create a platform where students can easily cooperate and interact
- The festival consists of exhibition, lectures, team working, walking tours, sport and cultural programs and also sightseeing excursions to natural and historical sites
- Access to lectures by prominent international scholars and professionals, interactive discussions, simulations, and site visits
- Opportunity to explore Iranian culture, art, and history through immersive activities
- Opportunity to interact with students from all Iranian universities and also different countries
- Presenting your project or idea in an international event
- Free lodging and boarding (accommodation and all meals during the event)
- Visa Letter if needed (E-visa, with no stamp in the passport)
- Free airport transfer
- Free domestic transfer (from Tehran to Tabriz and back)
- Free tours to historical and natural attractions in Tehran and Tabriz
- Free festival gifts and souvenirs
- Certificate of Participation
- International flight tickets and visa fees are not included and this is the responsibility of participants to cover these costs.
- Young professionals and students of any nationality are eligible to apply
- There is no limitation in terms of disciplines, study fields or scientific backgrounds
- Being currently a student is not mandatory. Graduated students and young activists are also eligible to apply.
- Age 18 to 38 years old
- Able to communicate in English
- All participants should present a student activity run by themselves, their university or their group. Student or youth projects from any fields are eligible to apply
Eligible Regions: Open for All