Through this online training you will:
- Increase your knowledge and understanding of early childhood development interventions and why these are key to UNICEF’s work in the field;
- Build technical expertise and gain access to tools to implement ECD interventions at scale;
- Learn how to accelerate results for the youngest children through a multi-sectoral approach.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Describe UNICEF’s vision and approach to Early Childhood Development;
- Identify evidence based multi-sectoral intervention packages, programmatic delivery platforms, contributions to sector goals, implementation strategies and organizational arrangements needed to advance the ECD agenda according to the country office;
- Explain and describe the importance of focusing in multi-sectoral programming benefitting the youngest children;
- Utilize the detailed frameworks contained in the Programme Guidance for ECD to support the designing of your country office programme;
- Describe UNICEF’s engagement with the governments and partners on the implementation and scale up of an ECD programme with the government;
- Start thinking about ways in which to apply what you have learned to your everyday work and life.