Applications for the One Young World Lead2030 Challenges are Open now!!
One Young World Lead2030 is the world’s biggest prize fund for young leaders making an impact on the Sustainable Development Goals. Powered by some of the world’s leading businesses, the initiative finds, funds and accelerates SDG solutions created by founders under 30. They are proudly launching their second round of challenges for Lead2030- the world’s biggest prize fund for young leaders working towards achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The programme is made possible by all the Lead2030 Challenge Partners who have together committed to making half a million dollars available to youth-led projects in its first year.
Each Partner has selected a particular Sustainable Development Goal to support. They have each set specific challenges for their chosen goals.
Chosen solutions to each Challenge will receive $50,000 in funding from their Challenge Partner.
But even more valuable than that, each Lead2030 Challenge Partner is forming a mentorship team to provide you with expert advice and guidance to accelerate your solutions and grow their impact. Select Challenge Winners will receive communications support from Activation Supporter, Porter Novelli.
Discover the Challenges below:
- Goal 2: RB. Zero Hunger. How to end hunger by 2030?
- Goal 3: AstraZeneca. Good Health & Well-being. How do we fight the growing burden of non-communicable diseases worldwide?
- Goal 4: Deloitte. Quality Education. How do we prepare 50 million futures for a world of opportunity?
- Goal 6: RB. Clean Water & Sanitation. How do we achieve universal access to equitable sanitation and hygiene by 2030?
- Goal 7: BP. Affordable & Clean Energy. How do we increase the share of renewable energy by 2030?
- Goal 9: Standard Chartered. Industrial Innovation & Infrastructure. How can we re-imagine solutions to finance the growth of SMEs and trade to unlock prosperity for the world’s communities?
- Goal 10: Bristol-Myers Squibb. Reduced Inequalities. How can we reduce inequalities within and among countries?
- Goal 12: Mondi Group. Sustainable Consumption and Production. How can we turn waste by the packaging industry into raw materials of inherent value?
- Goal 14: Credit Suisse. Life underwater. How do we conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development?
Additional mentorship will be provided to selected challenge winners by Activation Supporter, Porter Novelli
- A US$50,000 grant from AstraZeneca
- 12 months of mentorship from a team of AstraZeneca professionals. The mentorship team will work to accelerate your solution based on the needs of your initiative or organization, such as:
– Business strategy
– Best practices for data collection
– Monitoring and evaluation
– Product design
- Each Lead2030 Challenge Partner is forming a mentorship team to provide you with expert advice and guidance to accelerate your solutions and grow their impact.
- Select Challenge Winners will receive communications support from Activation Supporter, Porter Novelli.
Evidently aligned with the SDG4 challenge. See the ‘Challenge outline’.
Founded by a person aged 18 – 30.
The well-structured time horizon identified key stakeholders and beneficiaries and proposed outcomes that are reasonable and well thought out.
Readily available, in or past implementation phase.
Solutions must have a positive social impact, for example generating employment, eradicating poverty, or developing skills.
The impacts of solutions must have been adequately measured and/or be measurable.
- Financially Viable
Must be able to achieve efficiency and to survive on their own through the resources they generate and/or the investments and donations they attract.
Potential to perform as well or better after expanding in scope or size and/or being transported to other regions.
Eligible Regions: Open For All