Open to: applicants with excellent team and communication skills, mature, flexible, adaptable, dependable, and respectful within a diverse community
Benefits: USD 500 salary, lodging and meals, transportation during GLF program
The Media Intern is part of the UWC-USA short course: Global Leadership Forum that will provide current or rising media professionals with the unique opportunity to tell the stories of young international youth in a dramatic and beautiful landscape while tackling meaningful problems. They will work in collaboration with the GLF Director to document the stories and events of the 2019 GLF summer program. The qualified candidate is able to internalize and model the UWC mission and core values, participate in a positive and inclusive environment, and maintain professional boundaries between participants and staff. Media Interns will develop a library of digital and marketing materials for the program and website, as well as assist GLF participants with their community project action plans.
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
- Engage with the participants throughout the workshops and activities on campus, off campus, and in the wilderness;
- Create materials that will contribute to the website redesign plan;
- Create a Certificate of Completion for participants;
- Participate in 2-3 hikes and 3 days / 2 nights of camping;
- Current or graduating High School student Video & Photography;
- Take high-quality photographs and videos of staff and participants during staff training and the summer program;
- Take high-quality photographs and video of all programming components and activities during the summer program;
- Develop a weekly one-minute recap of the camp and participants;
- Create materials for outreach, promotion, and marketing using Facebook, Instagram, and other social media venues (e.g. SnapChat and Blogs);
- Lead and assist GLF participants in the creation of any digital media projects;
- Compile and organize all participant and staff created photography and video to be use and distributed for the 2018 cohort Social Media;
- Manage GLF Facebook account during GLF Staff training and summer program;
- Post updates, news, pictures, and videos highlighting the program and staff training on the GLF Facebook page;
- Create innovative social media quick-clips, showcasing the dynamic beauty of New Mexico and the diverse student cohort Research
- Research online activity of exemplar camps and summer programs;
- Report to Director on social media best practices for exemplar camps and summer programs;
- Create a social media marketing and communications template plan for 2019 summer programming.
- Ability to work well in a team;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Mature, flexible, adaptable, dependable, and respectful within a diverse community;
- Independent Desired Qualities;
- Ability to work well in a team;
- Bilingual in English and one other language Contract Length;
- Staff Training June 19 – June 29 • GLF Program June 30 – July 20.
- USD 500;
- Lodging and Meals;
- Transportation during GLF program;
- Temporary Health Insurance (for non-US residents only).
How to apply?
Submit the following to Jason Brewer, GLF Director at [email protected]
- A letter of intent explaining your interest in being the GLF Media Intern (250 – 500 words)
- A reel or a collection of links to your media work. Both video and still shots, if possible
- Two references listed. Please include their full name, title, relationship to you, email address and phone number