Professional and amateur photographers from all over the world are invited to take part in the International Photo Contest on greener healthcare waste management, which will be held from April 30 to July 15, 2019. Participation of healthcare, environmental health workers, women and youth from developing countries is particularly welcomed.
The International Photo contest is organized:
- To increase public awareness on the issues related to healthcare waste treatment and management (HCWM) through visual and artistic medium and
- To promote best practices on HCWM along with non-incineration waste treatment and mercury-free technologies for greener healthcare practices.
- Official launch of the photo contest: April 30, 2019
- Submission of applications: April 30 – July 15, 2019
- International jury voting: July 15 – July 22, 2019
- Announcement of winners: July 22, 2019
Global Environment Facility financed United Nations Development Programme, World Health Organization and Health Care Without Harm supported project, “Reducing UPOPs and Mercury releases from the Health Sector in Africa”, implemented in Ghana, Madagascar, Tanzania and Zambia
- In total, 8 prizes of $400 vouchers/cheques (or whatever is applicable)
- Appreciation certificates for tbe best 30 photos
- Professional and amateur photographers.
- Participation of healthcare workers, environmental health workers and especially women and youth from developing countries is particularly welcomed.
Eligible Regions: Open for all