Applications are already open for the Global Peace Summit 2020 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Global Peace Summit 2020 is providing an opportunity to extraordinary young, competent, and enthusiastic peacebuilders from 100+ countries to develop their ideas and road maps to achieve sustainable development goals and advocate peace in their communities to counter extreme violent, hate and every kind of discrimination. This summit aims to connect inspiring young people, to develop their skills in the sphere of peace education, to help them exchange ideas and share projects, while networking with like-minded individuals and world leaders.
This summit will also provide an opportunity to students and young leaders to bring solutions and theory on “Way forward to peaceful & inclusive world and Countering Fifth Generation War” by participating in different peace sessions, talks, group discussions and activities with international delegates and speakers.
Global Peace Summit, Malaysia will incline commencement of mutual understanding, capacity building of youth, social harmony, exposure and interaction with young brains under a single umbrella. GPSM also aims to engage young people in conflict resolution, amplify their voice for social justice and create a harmonious environment among communities & societies through this conference.
- Peace Education: Peace education is the process of acquiring the values, the knowledge and developing the attitudes, skills, and behaviors to live in harmony with oneself, with others, and with the natural environment.
- Global Citizenship: Global citizenship is the idea that all people have rights and civic responsibilities that come with being a member of the world, with whole-world philosophy and sensibilities, rather than as a citizen of a particular nation or place.
- Amplifying Voices of Youth: Collecting 1 million voices for Peacebuilding & social justice all around the globe and submitting a petition in United Nations with the charter of demand with #PeaceByDialouge.
- Women, Peace & Security: To create lasting peace, we need women’s voices. From conflict prevention and conflict resolution to reconciliation and economic recovery post-conflict, women’s meaningful participation in peace processes increases the likelihood that an agreement will last longer than 15 years by as much as 35 percent.
- Diplomats & Religious Scholars Talk: These sessions will bring an understanding of world efforts to resolve conflicts and their policies to counter anti-peace elements. Religious Scholars talk will shed light on role of Religion to counter rise of conflicts and terror.
- Climate Action for Peace: The theme draws attention to the importance of combating climate change as a way to protect and promote peace throughout the world.
- Airfare & Accommodation
- Visa Assistance
- Opportunity to interact with Global Leaders
- Meet with like minded young social entrepreneurs
- Share your initiatives with others
- Peace Education & Leadership Capacity Building
- Panel discussions
- Key note speeches
- Focused group discussions
- Group activities
- Awards & Certifications
- Signatory campaign
- Cultural Presentation
- Gala Night
- Site visit
- Youth between 16-35 of age.
- Open minded, highly motivated and passionate.
- Students, young professionals are encouraged to apply.
- Passionate to achieve United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
Eligible Regions: Open for All.