Matsumae International Foundation Fully Funded Research Fellowship Program 2020 in Japan is now open.
Upon the concept of the founder of the Matsumae International Foundation (MIF), “Towards A Greater Understanding of Japan and a Lasting World Peace”, MIF has started the Research Fellowship Program in 1980.
The fellowship aims to open a path to peace and prosperity on the basis of mutual understanding by bringing together active young research workers of outstanding character to Japan. By deepening their understanding of Japan, and establishing links of trust and friendship, the Foundation seeks to make a real contribution to permanent peace throughout the world.
The following financial supports are provided to the successful applicants:
- Allowance for research and stay
- Air Transportation
- Start-up Fund upon arrival
*For details, please download the “Fellowship Announcement” PDF file from the official link.
Applicants of non-Japanese nationality who meet all of the following eligibility requirements are invited to submit the required application documents:
- Applicants must obtain a Letter of Invitation from the host institutions in Japan
- Applicants must hold a PH.D. (Doctorate) degree, or be recognized by MIF as possessing equivalent academic qualifications
- Applicants must be at the age of 49 years old or younger at the time when documents are submitted
- Applicants must have sufficient abilities in the English or Japanese languages
- Applicants should not have past or current experiences of staying in Japan (Except for short-term stay. E.g. sightseeing, conferences)
- Applicants should be in employment in their home countries, and must return to their countries upon completion of their MIF fellowship tenure
- Applicants are free to select host institutions (university research laboratories, national research institutions or the corresponding facilities of private industry)
Eligible Regions: Open for All