Egypt International Science and Technology Fair (EISTF), a program of The Egyptian Association for Science and Engineering (EASE), EISTF is an international science competition that hosts an annual event for students from all over Egypt, as well as other countries, to showcase their research and compete for awards in 20 different categories.
EISTF is a competition among students from Egypt and many different countries to discovering creative students and giving them the opportunity to display their projects to achieve their dreams, the main aim is to enhance both the quality and type of projects that contribute to developing the world.
Additionally, they are hosting the first annual EISTF Hackathon and EISTF Talk.
EISTF science fair
Is divided into two concurrent international science competitions,so that all students from different countries can show case their research. The first one is for the high school projects and the second is for the university projects to provide equal educational opportunities.
It gathers participants with different skill sets to solve problems and work collaboratively. It is designed to involve university students, graduates, CS startup members and early career professionals. All participants will come together at the event where they will be placed on teams to solve problems in an unorthodox way. The solutions that stem from the Hackathon are not limited to the confines of the event but extend to how we solve problems in the future. Hackathons embody creativity and thinking, that help all participants to equip themselves with skills to facilitate future education and career development.
For more details:
Kingly, Check the official website.
The participants will compete on average for a share of $10,000 in awards and prizes and will be judged on their creative ability and scientific thought, as well as the thoroughness, skill, and clarity shown in their projects.
Awards at EISTF 2019 include the following:
- Grand awards are:
- Affiliation for other fairs
- Cash awards
There are special awards for the other participants in all categories such as:
- Miscellaneous Awards
- Students are not allowed to participate with more than one project.
- The project must pass Display and Safety Committee and Review Committee to be able to participate.
- Students can participate in an individual or a group project, provided that the group members do not exceed three students.
- The team does not have the right to change team members at any stage of the fair.
- It is possible for the research project to be a part of an extensive study carried out by specialized scientists provided that the part submitted was done exclusively by the student and was the student’s idea.
- In the case of constant scientific theft or falsification or fabrication of information, or use the work of other researchers without reference, the project will be permanently excluded from the exhibition.
- Egypt International Science and Technology Fair is not considered as an adjunct to the ownership of projects submitted in the event of a dispute between applicants on the ownership of the idea or project.
- If the student does not comply with the conditions of the exhibition, the project shall be prevented permanently from this competition, whether this year or in future years.
Eligible Regions: Open for all