Applications are now open for the IWMF’s Reporting grants for Women’s Stories, sponsored by The Secular Society, is a funding initiative supporting journalism produced by and about women.
In an era of increased globalization, the need for varied coverage of gendered topics is critical to a free and representative press. These grants support reporting on untold stories surrounding issues that impact women and girls’ daily lives worldwide.
The IWMF’s Reporting Grants on Women’s Stories initiative empowers journalists to access untold stories through new means of funding that emphasizes gender balanced reporting.
The Secular Society’s support for gender equity through independent reporting grants highlights the need to provide women journalists with more robust funding opportunities to pursue journalism in the public interest. The Secular Society believes that all governmental activities and those of religious organizations should be separate; they also hold that all religious beliefs are equally valid and their expression must be treated with tolerance and respect. Journalism funded by the IWMF’s Reporting Grants for Women’s Stories will contribute to the larger conversation about secularism’s role globally and focus on the challenges faced by women in a non-secular world.
The Reporting Grants for Women’s Stories provide opportunities for women journalists to pursue international stories of importance through gender-sensitive coverage of underreported topics.
- Grants will average $5,000 USD.
- Grants will be awarded to cover reporting-related costs including travel (flights, ground transportation, drivers), logistics, visa fees, and payment for fixers/translators.
- Women journalists from anywhere in the world are eligible to apply.
- Professional Journalism must be the applicant’s primary profession.
- Applicants must have three or more years of professional journalism experience.
- All answers and documents must be in English.
How to Apply
All applications must be filled out online via the IWMF’s online application system.
For more information, please visit https://www.iwmf.org/programs/reporting-grants-for-womens-stories/