The World Conference on Human Rights and Intellectual Property Rights is an attempt to discuss various aspects of Human Rights and Intellectual Property Rights and their Interrelationship. Human Rights law and Intellectual Property Rights law both two different sets of law since their beginning. But in this todays advancement era it has been observed that both are interconnected. Intellectual Property Rights in recent years become increasingly relevant in diverse policy areas, which includes health, trade, culture, heritage, environment , food security, scientific and technology etc. Intellectual Property Rights are enshrined as Human Rights in the UDHR, ICESCR, ICCPR, VDPA and other international and national instruments.
This conference will serve as a platform for Academicians, students, human rights activists, lawyers and other stakeholders from all over the globe to come forward to reflect upon various issues and conflicts between Human Rights and IPR.
- Intellectual Property Rights and Human Rights Law
- IPR and Human Right to Health
- IPR in Clinical Legal Education: Methods and Practice
- IPR and Human Right to Food
- Intellectual Property and Technology
- Plant Genetic Resources and Intellectual Property Rights
- Traditional Knowledge and Human Rights
- Traditional Knowledge and IPR
- Indian Constitution and IPR
- Economic Development and Patents
- IPR and Sustainable Development
- Intellectual Property Rights in Cyberspace
- Human Rights and Constitutionalism
- Copy Right and Human Rights freedom of Expression
- Right to Property and Trade Secrets
- Challenges of Clinical Legal Education in modern times
- Intellectual Property and Right to Culture
- Intellectual Property, Nationality and Non-discrimination
- Human Trafficking
- Information Technology, IPR and Human Rights
- Human Rights of Women and Children
- Interface between Human Rights, Environment and Development
The above mentioned themes are not inclusive and papers are welcome in other related topics/issues in this context.
Submit soft copy at the email address: [email protected]
Abstracts containing not more than 250 words (identifying your chosen Theme/Sub-Theme) may be submitted to [email protected] with name and educational background, institution and contact details. All abstracts should be submitted through e-mail only. The Author(s) should indicate the theme on which the paper is based. Co-authorship is allowed (maximum 2 Authors and only in one paper), subject to registration of all.
- The length of the paper shall not exceed 4500 words, excluding footnotes and the abstract.
- The submission shall be in MS-Word format (.doc or .docx) and must be typed in A4 paper with one inch margin on all the sides.
- Font size shall be Times New Roman 12, with 1.5 spacing. Font size for the footnotes shall be Times New Roman 10, with 1 spacing.
- Bluebook 20th Edition citation shall be followed.
Early Bird Registration(Before 10thJune 2019)
Participation: Rs. 1000
Paper Presentation :
Students: Rs. 1200 (Co -author: Rs. 2000 for both authors)
Faculty Members and others: Rs. 1500 (Co -author: Rs. 2500 for both authors)
Presentation in absentia: Rs. 1500 (Co -author: Rs. 2500 for both authors)
Without accommodation: $ 100
With accommodation : $150
Registration Fee after 10thJune 2019
Participation: Rs. 1200
Paper Presentation :
Students: Rs. 1400 (Co -author: Rs. 2500 for both authors)
Faculty Members and others: Rs. 1700 (Co -author: Rs. 3000 for both authors)
Presentation in absentia: Rs. 1700 (Co -author: Rs. 3000 for both authors)
Without accommodation: $ 150
With accommodation : $200
DATE: 4thAugust 2019
VENUE: Indian Law Institute, New Delhi
Organised by: Knowledge Steez
Partners : European Center for Legal Education and Research, Romania