Recognizing the experiential storytelling potential of immersive technologies, the UN SDG Action Campaign, Digital Promise Global, and Oculus invite emerging creators worldwide to join the global MY World 360° campaign to inspire positive action toward these Global Goals. From reducing inequalities to promoting good health and well-being, to ensuring access to affordable and clean energy, the 17 Sustainable Development Goals are a universal call to action to create a better world.
MY World 360° invites emerging creators (no age restrictions) everywhere to use Augmented Reality (AR), Virtual Reality (VR), 360° and other emerging forms of interactive storytelling and design to show the multi-dimensionality of their local communities and creative visions for a better world. Youth and first-time creators are strongly encouraged to apply!
The world of immersive storytelling and design is wide open for experimentation and innovation. Submissions may include (but are not limited to):
- 360° video that immerses viewers in a new experience, point of view, or place
- AR representing impacts of a certain phenomenon on the built or natural world
- VR experiences that allow people to interact with animated surroundings
- Mixed media projects that combine 360° photos, audio, and text annotation
- Volumetric VR using real people and places
- Photogrammetry and 3D modeling that shares natural or cultural artifacts
- Three-dimensional video games and simulations
- And more!
Since 2018, MY World 360º creators from across the world have produced hundreds of media projects that use immersive storytelling and design to inspire action on the Goals. From dramatic enactments of gender discrimination to public service announcements about food deserts and access to healthy food, MY World 360º participants shine a spotlight on issues most relevant to young people and their communities.
MY World 360°, a partnership between the United Nations SDG Action Campaign, Digital Promise Global, and Oculus.
Your film may be screened at the Global Festival of Action in Bonn, Germany in April 2020 and at subsequent events throughout the year, including the 2020 Summer Paralympics in August 2020 and UN General Assembly in New York City, USA in September 2020.
- No age restrictions
- No experience necessary
- Youth and first-time creators are strongly encouraged to apply
Eligible Regions: Open for all