UNESCO prioritized youth as the main driver of innovation and change for sustainable development and emphasized youth participation. Especially, since intangible cultural heritage relies on community transmission, the role and participation of young people leading future generations is very important.
- A story on how future generations are transmitting specific ICH elements in the Asia-Pacific region
- A story that conveys the importance of safeguarding and sustaining Asia-Pacific ICH and its transmission by future generations
- A story on practicing, safeguarding, and transmitting ICH with community-based youth participation in the Asia-Pacific region
UNESCO prioritized youth as the main driver of innovation and change for sustainable development and emphasized youth participation. Especially, since intangible cultural heritage relies on community transmission , the role and participation of young people leading future generations is very important.
As UNESCO Category 2 Centre for safeguarding intangible cultural heritage, ICHCAP( International Information and Networking Centre for Intangible Cultural Heritage in the Asia-Pacific Region under the auspices of UNESCO) plans to provide young practitioners with an opportunity to develop their own safeguarding activities and raise awareness of intangible heritage among young people in general.
(TIP) ICHCAP organized the 2016 ICH Multimedia Contest for the general public to promote visibility and raise awareness of ICH. In 2016 and 2017, ICHCAP operated a youth ICH video documentation project, called the Youth Meets ICH, for youth teams selected from contests and expert recommendations
Entry qualifications: Youth in the Asia-Pacific region (Born 1983-2001).
- Grand Prize – 1 – USD 1,000 or equivalent;
- Excellence Prize – 1 – USD 700 or equivalent;
- Distinction Prize -2 – USD 500 or equivalent;
- Special Prize – 4 – USD 200 or equivalent;
- Participation Prize -10 – Gifts.
How to apply?
Digital file should be attached when submitting the application form.
- Only entries submitted before 15 October (Thu) 24:00 (Korean Time) will be valid.
- Attached digital files shall not be greater than 2GB.
- If a digital file exceeds 2GB, include a link (URL) to an open account (Google Drive, WeTransfer, Dropbox, etc.). (A confirmation e-mail will be sent within forty-eight hours, excluding weekends.)
- For winners only, subtitles script and clean version file(.MOV) must be submitted for future translation of subtitles, even if the video content was submitted in a different format. (Individually guided)